Because of the stipulations created by the COVID-19 virus, the City of Helen would like to update you on the yearly Christmas seasonal events.
- Due to the lack of space to properly social distance everyone, the Christmas Community Dinner has been cancelled.
- The Annual Lighting of the Village will take place Friday, November 27 at 5:00 p.m., but it will be at the Riverside Park at 854 Edelweiss Strasse and not in the downtown Market Platz area to allow for better social distancing. Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus will be present to take your child's request for Christmas.
- The 13th Annual Christkindlmarkt will take place November 28-29 and December 5-6 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the Market Platz area as usual. Contact the Helen Chamber of Commerce at 706-878-1908 if you wish to obtain space for this market.
- The Helen Arts & Heritage Center will have their Mistletoe Market December 5-6 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at their location at 25 Chattahoochee Strasse. Contact the Helen Arts & Heritage Center at 706-878-3933 if you wish to obtain space for this market.
- The Annual Christmas Parade will take place December 12 at 2:00 p.m. in the downtown Helen area along the normal parade route.
- Many businesses in town will be celebrating as the City rings in the 2021 New Year, but due to the Executive Order requirements set by Georgia's Governor Kemp, the Festhalle has cancelled the Dropping of the Edelweiss. The Visitors Center will make information available of the businesses that plan special celebrations for the evenng as the date gets closer.
We would like to remind everyone that even though we will not be having the Christmas Community Dinner this year, the City will still be taking donations for the White Christmas Fund. If you are in a position to help us help the less fortunate in our community, please consider giving as we expect the need to be greater this year than usual.