Effective immediately, and until conditions change, the burn ban has been lifted in White County with the following restrictions:
- Outdoor burning must be in compliance with state law and regulations.
- Persons must obtain a burn permit from the Georgia Forestry Commission by calling 1-877-652-2876.
- Burn Permits are not required for cooking or heating type fires.
- All fires must be attended at all times.
- All fires must have a water source available to assist in controlling.
- All fires must be completely out by dark, except cooking and heating.
However, there is a total fire ban on the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests. This means building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire (including charcoal based fire whether contained in a grill or not) is prohibited. Commercially available fuel stoves (camp stoves) are excluded from this restriction.
Thank you for your support of this measure and complying with the burning restrictions. -David Murphy